Puyo Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics

Go down
LeonardoSS4

Do Gigabyte Still Bait & Switch? Empty Do Gigabyte Still Bait & Switch?

Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:40 am
I thought there'd be tons of info out there with a simple search, but I find no results despite it being discussed many times over the years even on this forum. I remember they'd remove entire power phases from motherboards in the retail models vs what reviewers got, even on halo models, they'd do any scumbag move. I personally was screwed over on their bait and switch on a GTX 970 where the RAM on it was 1GHz+ slower than models sent to reviewers, and it had cheaper/inferior fans and possibly more.

Why I ask now? I went in to a shop to back order a Sapphire Nitro 7900 XTX so I can have it hopefully in like 2 months, but it turns out the only thing really beyond the reference designs available in the system to order is the Aorus Elite. It has the same clock speed as the Nitro (2680MHz) but I'm ultra hesitant to buy anything from Gigabyte ever again. The manager said it'll probably be 2+ months before I can back order other models such as the Nitro.

What are your opinions on Gigabyte as they are now? Experienced any recent bait n switch? Is it true their software is pretty much unusable still?

Edit: I've also been told by more than one person that they're horrible with honouring their warranties, any experiences with that?

Edit 2: It turns out there are search results for their bait and switch tactics now, some going back many years, I wonder what changed. คาสิโนออนไลน์
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum